Whipped Ricotta Toast. Because why should avocados get all the glory?
Ricotta toast is fast, easy and seriously delicious. So very simple, but sometimes simple is best, yes?
I’ve written out a recipe below, but you don’t really need one. I made one toast with Blueberry, Lime and Maple. I made another with Goji Berries, Pistachios and honey. You can make your toast my way. You should make your toast my way. It’s delicious. They are both delicious. But… You can also go with your heart here my friends. Want cherries instead of blueberries? I won’t stop you. Coconut sugar instead of maple syrup? Of course. Chopped cashews instead of pistachios? You. Are. A. Genius.
You customize your toast however you darn well want. Raid the cupboard and pick out what sings to you.
Feeling super ambitious? Did you know that you can even make your own ricotta? Seriously. That’s not a joke. It’s not that hard. Read this.
Now… BEFORE YOU GO AND GET TOASTY! There are two rules here that I will not change. These are very stern rules and they must be abided by.
Listen up. They are just this:
- Don’t skip whipping the ricotta. It really does make a difference.
- Butter your toast. Because butter.
That’s all. Enjoy!
Whipped Ricotta Toast – Two Ways
- 2 pieces bread of choice toasted and buttered
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp blueberries
- Zest of 1/2 a Lime
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp roasted salted pistachios
- 1 Tbsp Goji Berries
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Add the ricotta to your food processor and whip for about 2 minutes, until very smooth.
- Toast and butter your bread.
- Divide the ricotta and spread each piece of toast with it.
- Sprinkle one piece with the blueberries and lime zest and drizzle with the maple syrup.
- Sprinkle the other piece with the pistachios and goji berries and drizzle with the honey.
Let me know what you think!
If you liked this Whipped Ricotta Toast Recipe then you should know I have more of them!! My Strawberry, Maple Butter Ricotta Toast is super scrumptious and so is my Ricotta Toast with Sautéed Butternut Squash, Cinnamon, Honey and Chili Flakes.