What I really should call this Zucchini Lasagna Recipe is… “There’s No Such Thing as Too Much Cheese Sneaky Veggie Lasagna”.
I love me some cheese and I seriously believe a lasagna can’t be too cheesy. I also love new ways to use up my garden zucchini without the family knowing I’m feeding them yet another zucchini dish. Know what I mean?
This veggie lasagna hides a whole bunch of veggies in it and you wouldn’t even know. You feel me? Your KIDS won’t know.
I fed this to a whole table full of kids and not one complaint was heard.
It’s also super easy, incredibly delicious and loaded with cheese. Did I mention that?
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 box ready to cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 5 cups grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Heat a the olive oil in a skillet and add in the onion, red pepper, zucchini and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until softened and a little brown.
- Add some S&P and transfer to a food processor.
- Process until finely chopped. You want it to be consistent, but still have a little texture.
- Pour into a bowl and add in the ricotta and the egg. Mix well.
- Assemble the lasagna.
- Into a 9×13 pan pour about 1/2 cup your favourite marinara sauce.
- Top with a layer of no-boil lasagna noodles.
- Spread with 1/3 of the veggie mixture.
- Sprinkle with about 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Repeat 3 times, finishing with mozzarella and the Parmesan.
- Cover with greased foil and bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 20-30 minutes.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Zucchini Lasagna Recipe then I think you’ll love my Fresh Mint & Zucchini Brownies Recipe. Another seriously delicious way to use zucchini!
Pingback: Minestrone Soup with Fresh Tomatoes and Fresh Herbs