This Whipped Feta Dip is a meal all on its own. It is for me anyway. Who else likes appies for dinner??? This is the perfect dish for that. I can’t think of anything else I would need… Except a good chilled rosé, obviously.
Have you ever had loaded hummus? It’s one of my faves and this is very much like it. But this is made WITH CHEESE!!! Yep. A big old pile of fluffy whipped feta cheese piled up with all the good things… olives, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes… it’s awesome. Imagine salty, spicy, crunchy, tangy goodness all offset by rich, creamy, salty, incredibly smooth feta. So delicious.
Sometimes we eat this with crunchy pita chips, but it’s also really, really good with soft pita bread cut into wedges. I highly recommend smearing the pita with butter and sprinkling it with garlic salt before warming it up. Trust me. You won’t regret it.
Loaded Whipped Feta Dip
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup tzatziki or Greek yogurt
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata Olives chopped
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 Tbsp red onion finely diced
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Big pinch red pepper flakes
- Big pinch oregano
- Add to your food processor the feta, cream cheese, tzatziki (or Greek yogurt), lemon zest & juice, olive oil and a big pinch each S&P. Process until very smooth. Spread on a plate.
- In a bowl combine the cucumber, tomato, artichokes, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, onion, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, pepper flakes, oregano and a big pinch S&P. Mix well. Pile on top of the feta mixture.
- Serve with pita chips.
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*Feel free to play with the toppings here and mix it up according to your taste. Roasted red peppers are good here and so are spicy pepperoncini peppers, which are some of my very favourite peppers.
*I like this with a little bit of heat, but feel free to omit the red pepper flakes if you want to keep it mild.
*Hosting a party or heading to a potluck? This is perfect because it’s a great make-ahead appetizer. I bring the platter spread with the feta and then add the toppings before serving.
If you like this Whipped Feta Dip Recipe you really should try my Mozzarella Stuffed Zucchini Arancini Recipe. It’s an amazing and super tasty combination of crispy, salty goodness that is loaded with gooey melty cheese… Possibly my all-time favourite appetizer.
Let me know how you like it!