Chewy, No-Chill, Sweet & Salty Deliciousness
White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Cookies! Question: Is there anything better than pretzels coated in white chocolate and crushed up candy canes? Answer (in case you’re not sure): No.
BUT! What if I took all of those flavors and mixed them into a buttery chewy cookie? Interested? Thought so…
I absolutely love the combination of mint and white chocolate. I remember these little pastel colored white chocolate mint candies that people would bring out at Christmas when I was young but I can’t for the life of me remember what they were called. If you can, let me know!!
I also love anything sweet & salty, so if you take the whole white chocolate mint thing and add in some pretzels it is just absolutely over the top in the very best way.
Anything special you need to know?
Don’t get antsy and skip or shorten the butter-sugar creaming process with these. It’s important that you give it enough time to get light and fluffy. On medium speed this will take at least 5 minutes.
Any hard peppermint candy will work here, so don’t rush out to buy candy canes just to make these. Also note that this means you can make these any time of year, not just the holidays. You are welcome.
What Ingredients do you need to make these White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Cookies?
- Flour – All purpose flour
- Dry Milk Powder – you can leave this out if you don’t have it
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda
- Sea Salt
- Butter – melted but not hot
- Brown Sugar – I like light brown sugar for these cookies to keep the color light
- Sugar – the regular stuff
- White Chocolate Chips
- Candy Canes – crushed. I just what them with a kitchen mallet
- Pretzels – I usually use pretzel crisps like these, but you can use any regular pretzels
Anything Special You Need to Know?
I lay them out under a clean kitchen towel and bash them with a kitchen mallet. You can also use a rolling pin or any other heavy object.
Absolutely. In fact, I quite like them just a little bit frozen. 🙂
Let me know what you think!
White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp dry milk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter melted (not hot)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzel crisps or regular pretzels
- Mix together the flour, milk powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Add the melted butter and sugars to an electric mixer and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chips, candy and pretzels.
- Drop cookies onto baking sheets and bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes.
If you like this Recipe for White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Cookies please go try my Recipe for Grasshopper Pie Brownies. Another chocolate mint holiday favorite.