Easy, fudgy brownies layered with creamy, rich cheesecake and as many Oreos as we can handle (which is a lot btw).
These Cheesecake Oreo Brownies are quite possibly my dream bars and thank you but I don’t need to know that you’ve probably heard me say that before. At least once.
What’s not to like? Creamy, tangy, rich, vanilla cheesecake swirled with dark chocolate brownies, topped and filled with big chunks of dreamy Oreo cookies. It’s Cookies and Cream at its finest.
my foodie Chatter…
Friends, in the interest of writing this post and trying to find something interesting to say about Oreos and sing their well-deserved praises, I learned… wait for it… this will blow your mind… that Oreos were invented in NINETEEN TWELVE!! Yep, the Oreo first landed in our hands in 1912. For reference, 1912 is the very same year the Titanic sank. Mind = Blown. They’ve been around for over a hundred years and I like to think I played a large role in sustaining them.
FYI — I am not affiliated with Oreos nor do i receive any compensation for using or recommending them not that I am opposed to any such arrangement — “Hi Oreo!”
cheesecake oreo brownies, how to make them…
There are three steps to putting these brownie cheesecake bars together, but technically, technically, they make 5 layer cheesecake bars. That’s because I’ve layered the recipe in order to maximize the amount of Oreos per bar because I love Oreos very, very much. 😉
So, first you’ll mix together an easy brownie batter that bakes up into the fudgiest, chocolatiest brownies.
Then, you’ll whip up a simple cheesecake mixture with cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Next, you’ll roughly chop up some Oreos. Not to crumbs or dust, we want to really sink our teeth into them and know they’re there.
Now these three elements get layered together, swirled together and baked together. That’s it. A super impressive, super delicious layered brownie dessert bar that is a real crowd pleaser.
Cheesecake Oreo Brownies Recipe ingredients, tips, substitutions:
Brownies – I am not one to knock a good brownie mix, but obviously I prefer this homemade version. If you’re pressed for time though, feel free to use your favourite boxed brownie mix for the brownie layer.
Oreos – I am a bit of an Oreo purist, and regular Oreos are what makes these a “traditional” cookies and cream cheesecake brownie, but if you want to mix it up a bit, try one of the other brownie flavours… mint? peanut butter? carrot cake??? Go wild.
Cream Cheese – I always use brick cream cheese for any cheesecake recipe, and it should definitely be at room temperature.
Butter and Oil– the little amount of added oil gives these brownies their extra fudgy texture.
wouldn’t these cheesecake oreo brownies be great on a dessert platter with some of these???
Cheesecake Oreo Brownies
For the Brownie batter:
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Oreos chopped about 14 cookies
For the Cheesecake layer:
- 1 cup 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
Make the brownies:
- Whisk together the melted butter, oil, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and the vanilla and whisk well.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder and the salt. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
Make the cheesecake:
- Mix the cream cheese in an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and mix well.
- Add in the egg, vanilla and salt and mix well.
Assemble and bake:
- Spread the brownie batter into and 8×8” greased or lined pan, reserving about 1/4 of the batter.
- Evenly drop about half of the chopped Oreos on top of the brownie batter.
- Spread the cheesecake layer over the Oreos.
- Drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter over the cheesecake layer and swirl with a knife.
- Scatter the remaining Oreos over the top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes
Let me know what you think below and if you like this Cheesecake Oreo Brownies Recipe I know you’ll also love my Mini Egg Brownies. Mini Eggs aren’t just for Easter anymore. 😉